Career Opportunities at YFAC
Our Mission: The mission of the Yavapai Family Advocacy Center is to reduce trauma to victims of abuse by providing a safe and supportive environment and facilitating a team approach to advocacy, investigation, and prosecution.
If you would like to be considered for any available position, please email your resume to Jami Tiefenthaler.
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (S.A.N.E.)
Reports to: YFAC Director, Yavapai County Attorney
Purpose of Position: Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner is a Family Nurse Practitioner with specialized training to provide comprehensive care to the sexual assault victim (adult and pediatric), who has demonstrated competency in performing a medical–forensic examination and who has the ability to provide expert testimony for the criminal justice system.
Medical assessment to include:
- Physical exam (Head to toe exam with documentation of all injuries)
- Completion of sexual assault evidentiary examination kit (DPS) or physical examination (without DPS kit)
- Still photo documentation
- STD prevention
- Pregnancy risk evaluation and interception
- Referrals for additional support and care as indicated
- Preparation of medical-forensic report.
Weekend/Night Call-Out Responder
Purpose of Position: Provide weeknight and/or weekend on call response to victims of sexual assault and/or child abuse to assist Law Enforcement and/or Child Protective Services professionals needing the resource of the Yavapai Family Advocacy Center. On call periods are flexible and will be arranged according to time available.
- Open the Yavapai Family Advocacy Center facility in response to the immediate needs of Yavapai County Law Enforcement Agencies or Child Protective Services.
- Summon allied professionals in accordance to protocol.
- Coordinate activities to best serve the needs of the victim and the professionals.
- Gather and record information from the victim and professionals.
- Maintain an environment necessary to make the victim feel safe and minimize further trauma.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Compassion and empathy for victims and their families.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Yavapai Family Advocacy Center Protocol.
- Knowledge of Yavapai County Child Abuse Investigation Protocol.
- Familiarity with the criminal justice system.
- Familiarity with local community resources.
- Knowledge of victimology.
- Computer knowledge.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Be able to respond within thirty (30) minutes.